Books read in the 2013 -2014 session
October 2013 Meeting: That they may face the rising sun by john McGahern * Group attended McGahern evening on 15th Oct at RED line festival
November 2013 meeting: The Dinner by Herman Koch
December 2013 meeting: Gone Girl by Rebecca Flynn
January 2014 meeting: Things fall apart by Chinua Achebe
February 2014 meeting. Silence would be treason. The last letters of Ken Saro-Wiwa. Ed by Ide Corley, Helen Fallon and Laurence Cox. * Editor visit by Helen fallon
March 2014 meeting: Instructions for a heatwave by Maggie O’Farrell.
April 2014 meeting: Lonely passion of Judith Hearne by Brian Moore.
May 2014 Meeting: If ever you go. A map of Dublin in poetry and song. Ed by Pat Boran and Gerard Smyth. (One city, one book 2014)
June 2014 meeting: Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks
Books we read 2012-2013
September 2012 Even the Dogs by Jon McGregor
October 2012. The Story of Achilles by Madeline Miller
November 2012 Charles Dickens. A life by Claire Tomalin
December 2012. A Week in Winter by Maeve Binchy
January 2013. Douglas kennedy month
February 2013 The Guernsey literary and Potato Peel pie Society by Mary ann Shaffer
March 2013. Just Mary:A Memoir by Mary O’Rourke * Author Visit*
April 2013 The Lighthouse by Alison Moore
May 2013 Mrs Warren’s Profession by George Bernard Shaw * Theatre Outing*
- Oct 2010 – Ghost Light by Joseph O’Connor.
- Nov 2010- The Twin by Gerbrand Bakker. Winner IMPAC 2010
- Dec 2010 – An uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett
- Jan 2011- The Room by Emma Donoghue. short listed for Booker 2010
- Feb 2011- Sarah’s ‘Key by Rosnay de Tatiana
- Mar 2011 -The Girl in the Wardrobe by Jennifer Farrell *author visit
- April 2011- The Finkler Question by Howard Jacobson. Winner Booker 2010
- May 2011- Rival Passions by Zoe Miller *author visit
- June 2011- Lady Chatterleys Lover by D.H. Lawrence
Book list from 2011- 2012 meetings
October 2011…..Skippy Dies by Paul Murray
November 2011…Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
December 2011…A type of Beauty by Patricia Reilly * Author visit
January 2012… .Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot.
February 2012. .One Day by David Nicholls
March 2012…..The Tiger’s Wife by Tea Obrecht
April 2012…….You by Nuala Ni Chonchuir * Author visit
May 2012……Dubliners by James Joyce
June 2012……American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld
Please click on images for link to wikipedia.